SIMREX makes this awesome buildable kid friendly drone with camera. It has a lot of great features like altitude hold, gravity sensing, one key automatic return, led lights, the ability to do tricks, and headless mode.
Headless mode is great for new flyers because it orients the drone to the direction of the controller, so forward will always move the drone forward, regardless of which direction the front is facing.
The done comes as just a bunch of little blocks that can be connected, and allow the drone to be customized. The copter can be controlled right from a smartphone. You can take some cool pictures and videos through the drones 0.3 megapixel camera.
- Headless mode
- LED lights for night flight
- Blocks allow it to be customized
- Control distance of about 100 meters
- Ability to do aerobatic stunts
- Estimated flight time of about 10 minutes
- Takes about 30-50 minutes to charge
Makes a great gift for kids that enjoy building things, or even adult drone enthusiasts.